Where We Are
We gather at the same place where we have been worshiping since 1882, when our church was built - right on Rt. 50 in the heart of the historic village of Aldie, VA. Our address is 39325 John Mosby Highway, Aldie VA 20105. Come visit us!
The first church was erected in the Village of Aldie where the Presbyterian Church now stands, prior to 1857. It was a brick building used by Methodists, Episcopalians and Presbyterians. In the early 1880s, this old church was deemed unsafe for services. The Presbyterians acquired the lot on which the old church stood, and each denomination built churches of their own.
The church steeple is barely visible through the trees on the left, past the house in the foreground, in this photo from the early 20th century. In front of the church is a toll booth.
Our new nursery, part of our 2017 expansion and renovation. Kids of all ages are welcome!
Fellowship Hall extension, 2017
The land for our present building was given by Mrs. Mary B. Green, and 1882 is recorded as the year of construction. It has been in continuous use since that date. A bell was given by Mr. Milton McVeigh.
There is an official roll book of 1876 which records the following: Rev. A. W. Wilson, Presiding Elder; Rev. R.S. Hough, Preacher in Charge, Rev. O.C. Beall, Assistant. Members were: Henry and Armanda Whitlock; Fannie E., Laura J., and Martha J. Browner; Elizabeth Rosseau; James F. Johnson, Angelina K., Snoden C., Lucinda S. and R. Neville Hall; Andrew M., Rachel J., and Roberta V. Kridler; Sarah and Fannie Monroe; Malvina McCarthy; Mary A. And Osborne Green; Annie L. Taylor; Elizabeth G. and Georgia Gulick; George Bermer; Fannies S. Skinner; Fannie R. Hutchinson; R. Edgar and Catherine Russell; Julia and Frank A. Oden; Cornelius A. Bertlett; Nancy Johnson; Norval W. Sauls; Martha E. Reed; Hattie N. Oden; Virginia J. Gulick, Annie C. Jones; Margaret Bodmer; and Mary F. Crider.
Numerous improvements have been made during the years. In 1956 a new furnace was installed, a new floor laid, new rug, pulpit furniture, organ and piano purchased. In 1962 an educational building was started. The chancel area was remodeled in 1960 to include a center altar. Also added were new lights and a new ceiling in 1962 and air conditioning in 1964. The church was brick veneered in 1968 and a new steeple erected. New pews were installed in 1970 and in 1982 interior window shutters and new carpet was installed and a new piano purchased. In 1985, Rosser and Dot Iden constructed our newly purchased parking lot in honor of her parents. The Bert Cohees provided picnic tables for our new pavilion in the late 1980s. A new Allen organ was donated by Mr. and Mrs. Thomas McDonald, Jr., in 1994 in memory of their parents. The parking lot was upgraded and paved in 2004 and a memorial garden was installed.
In 2017, a major renovation and expansion of the "educational building" (now called the Fellowship Hall) took place. A nursery and a handicap-accessible bathroom were added. The Fellowship Hall is the meetingplace for a number of Aldie organizations, including the Aldie VFD, Aldie Horticulture Society, and the Aldie Ruritan Club. It is our hope that we may maintain this close involvement with the growing Aldie community for many years to come, and we invite you to stop in and see us.